Saturday, October 27, 2007

I am so glad that Jennifer didn't tag me with the "food" blog, because I can't think of a single food that I like that means anything to me that starts with a "g"!

I'm getting ready for Halloween. The best Pagan holiday of the year. How do I get ready? Well, one of the best ways is watching the mini-marathon of "A Haunting" on the Discovery channel. 6 hours of real American hauntings. Seriously...if you want to be creeped out and not sleep, you've got to watch this stuff. It is real..and scary. If you watch more than a few hours of it, you'll get scared. Too bad it's on Sunday and I have to go to work the next day.

What is our fascination with being scared? Why do we want it? Is it the adrenaline? The fast pounding of the heart, the shortness of breath, the feeling that someone is watching you...following you? We go to scary movies, we read Stephen King novels, we turn on the 24-hour news channels.

What creeps you out?

For me...it's the giant roaches that Texans call "waterbugs". Yeah, right....waterbugs. Big Roaches that look at you and communicate their findings with something with those antennae. Seriously...they watch you and communicate something to someone. And they're just like Michael in Halloween---they don't die with the first attack. When you come back to scoop them up in the dustpan...they're gone. And you know they're somewhere--watching. Waiting.

Spirits don't really scare me. They're just energy that have not let go of consciousness. In their measure of time, it's still "now". Well, deep down, I really believe that, but my mind does buy into the "that's not natural" thing. That's how the Hauntings thing creeps me out.

So, seriously....what scares you?

5 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Foods that start with G: Gazpacho, green beans, green chiles, pico de Gallo, goose liver, grapes, ganache, gin, gemelli (a pasta shape), green eggs & ham.

What scares me? The thought of something happening to a member of my family. I try very hard not to think about it.

Also, standing on the roof of my house scares me. I irrationally feel like my feet are going to slip out from under me and I'm going to slide painfully down to the ground. It's a weird new adult phobia; I used to love walking on the roof as a kid.

Vetmommy said...

Oh yeah, and GUMBO.

ColeBugsmommy said...

1. Something happenning to Cole.
2. The dark (I still run at night to the dumpster when I have to throw trash away.
3. Scorpions and ostriches

Vetmommy said...

More G Foods: grouper, gum, glass noodles, gulf coast shrimp, gefilte fish, guava, gooseberries, garden salad, gourds, and gravy. GARLIC!

I thought of more last night while I was falling asleep; can't access them at this moment.

Anne B said...

I'm going with Jennifer and Kareen on my first scary thing: something happening to Miles and/or Dylan.
Number two would be worms. They don't really scare me, they just gross me out. I guess the thing that scares me most is the thought of being in a fire or car accident. Anything that would result in a painful death.