Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm thinking.....

I'm thinking, that maybe now that I have a new computer that actually works at the speed that my internet service is set up for, that maybe I'll pick up my blogging. God knows that I have to get back into writing! There's just too much going on in the world to not make my characteristic comments on.

For instance: 8.8 earthquake in Chile that was preceded by 6.6 earthquake in Japan. They say they're not related, but REALLY? You can't tell me that one didn't have anything to do with the other. When plates start moving around, they have to affect others. They were both within the "ring of fire". I expect a pretty serious volcano somewhere pretty soon. We'll see. Of course, there was one not long ago that was spitting a little in Chile.

Politics--OMG, don't get me started. I love how everyone is talking about what a terrible job Obama is doing. They seem to "forget" that the things we're dealing with now were set into motion way before he was elected. Part of me wanted him to wait to run because I knew that in dealing with what he's had to deal with, it would probably equal out to one term. No one could be seen as doing a good job with the mess that was left. I just thank God and whatever other deity might have been responsible that Sarah Palin doesn't have anything to do with it. WHEW!!!

Home gardening: I'm having a problem with my lemon tree. I have those stupid little gnatty things or white flies. I can find nothing to get rid of them. I've been spraying the crap out of this tree with soapy water and it doesn't seem to be suffocating those little suckers at all. I can't use a pesticide, as I will be eating any lemons that grow. I did have quite a bit of tiny little lemons on it, but they have all fallen off. And there's a suspicious smell of something that could be cat urine...I keep trying to tell myself that it's just wet cardboard since that's what I have the pot sitting on--a broken down cardboard box. I haven't SEEN evidence of urine. Once Cloudy finds a plant she can pee on, though...she does prefer it to a litter box. I'm wondering when it will be safe to move it back outside.

Cloud Dancer: I watched her tonight playing with part of a pistachio shell. I think about all the clients that call our clinic and say that their cat is 14 and "you know, it's just so old, maybe it's time....". Either they haven't been taking the care that they could have been of their cats, or Cloudy just doesn't know that she's supposed to be old. She's 15 this month. She still gets a playful spurt every day, she hasn't lost any weight, and her fur is still thick, luxurious, and impeccably groomed. She does have an annoying habit of standing by my bed when I have decided to go to sleep and meowing about 10 times before getting on the bed, and doing the same thing in the morning when she has decided that I need to be up to let her out or give her treats or whatever.

I guess that's enough for now. Check with you later!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

yeah for blogging!