Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dieter's Dream

I have joined the ranks of January Dieting People. I am very diligently counting every calorie and trying not to go over my allotment for the day. I've added in some exercising, but I still haven't gotten up to every day. I am starting to ever so slowly lose weight. If I exercised more, I'm sure it would be more noticeable.

If I had any doubt that I was on a diet--IE convincing myself that I'm just eating healthier--the dream I had last night reminded me that I was in fact, for the first time in my life, on a DIET:

In my dream, a co-worker (who has joined my calorie-counting process) and I were roommates. Between our apartment and work, the ubiquitous "they" were building 20 different donut shops. Every donut store you can think of: Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme, Shipley, Mom-and-Pop donut stores. Probably every donut shop I have ever seen in my life was lining the streets from our apartment to work.

The weird thing is that before I started my diet, I was not a huge donut eater. I could go to Exxon and look at the Krispy Kremes and pass them up easily. I think it's because someone brought donuts to work last week and I really wanted the donut with the red jelly oozing out of it.

When I was a kid, on Sundays, my dad would go to the corner store and buy Bear Claws and Cinnamon Twists and whole milk. Thanks, Dad.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Stay strong and avoid the breakroom ( words I should live by).

Vetmommy said...

The triathlon will get you exercising. Fear is a great motivator!