Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Exciting night in Texas

It's been an exciting night in Texas. For the first time in years--and certainly the first time since I've lived here--the primary voting actually matters! And I get to vote twice...legally! How great is that?

Of course, I voted early, but the caucus could only be done tonight. It's the first time that I've ever had to caucus. It's the first time a lot of people have had to caucus, apparently. There were more people at the caucuses than people expected. There was almost a fight at my polling place because people were "cutting" in line. These are adults we're talking about! I had to call my mom and tell her all about it, since she moved to Colorado and is missing out on it. She said that it was just like it was 1968 again. I wasn't around in 1968, but I can tell you, there is certainly more energy in this race than there has ever been in my lifetime.

It's so very cool to be making history. If you live in Texas and you didn't caucus tonight, you missed out. There might not be another opportunity like this for a while.

Only 320 more days for Bush to be in the White House!!!!! His days are numbered!!! I swear, if I die before he leaves office, I'm going to be very upset and will haunt him for the rest of his life!!!!!!!!!! http://backwardsbush.com/

2 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Good for you for making the effort to caucus. As you know, I was tired and wimped out. I would go three times, though, if needed in November!!!

Anonymous said...

Dana
I had a client today with a count-down t-shirt for George, too funny!
I,too, await!
janet