Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Road Less Plowed

I got to play in the snow today!

There wasn't much snow when I got here...a lot more bare ground than not. Yesterday, it snowed, but it didn't stick. Today, it hasn't gotten above 30-degrees, so it's sticking today. It's not like the snow I grew up with; it's dry. I laid down and made a snow angel and when I got back up, I was still dry. It's strange how it can be cold here, but it doesn't feel real cold. No one in Texas would ever believe it if they hadn't ever experienced it.

Mom and I went for a walk. We headed out toward the back of her property and hit the road that runs behind them. It was so beautiful. It's land untouched. It probably looks exactly like it did when the Indians lived here. The road is a dirt road and no one lives on that one, so it's not plowed. We walked quite a ways and the only sound I could hear was the wind, the trees swaying back and forth, and an occasional bird. So nice not to hear diesel engines, traffic, sirens, noisy neighbors and leaf blowers! There's also no one up here complaining or whining about anything. I swear, it's heaven!

Maybe, it won't stop snowing and I won't be able to leave on Saturday!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

What a wonderful vacation! Perfect for you to be away from phones, whining, complaining, etc. I know the sounds of nature that you are describing and it is so calming and peaceful.

Leah said...

How nice. I don't see how you ever came back...It would have been hard for me. Its always good to get away and always great to come home. I am sure your kitty was glad you came back.