Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Joey's Fault

Okay, so after reading Joey's glowing review of being fitted for a bra at Nordstrom's, I decided that I,too, must do this. Bras have not been feeling good lately...not that they ever really have. I felt that it would be a really nice thing to do for myself for my birthday. (I celebrate my birthday all week, since it usually occurs around a holiday weekend.) Today, I finally went to Nordstrom's. I try to avoid the mall as much as possible, but I had a free Aveda gift for my birthday to pick up anyway and I wanted to get my eyebrows threaded--more on that later.

But, I digress...we're talking about bras. Turns out, I've been wearing the right size bra all along. I've worn nothing but Victoria's Secret for at least 10 years. I've been very unsatisfied with their bras lately. I tried on several at Nordstrom's and fell in love with another brand. Talk about comfort! (Wacoal) Anyway, after picking out a few bras and matching panties (you have to have at least one matching panty for every bra--there are occasions where it matters!), I ended up spending over $350. I also ended up with a new Platinum Visa card. Definitely Joey's fault.

Off I went to Aveda to get my free gift. Picked up a couple of other things as well. Spent over $80. Yep...Joey's fault, because, like I said, I usually don't go to the mall at all.

I found the eyebrow threading place. I highly recommend this--Joey; then you can blame me for outrageous mall expenditures. She uses a device that's a combination string/rubber band. She just rolls it over your brow and pulls them out. It did occasionally feel like I was being thwacked by a rubber band on the brow, but I love the shape of my brows now. I never could pluck them this well and I hate what waxing does to my skin.

So, all told today, I did end up spending over $400. I feel so pretty though!

And it's all Joey's fault.

4 comments:

Alissa said...

Wow- sounds like an awesome day at the mall. I have always wanted to try threading- did you like the place?

ColeBugsmommy said...

Poor Joey...and I'm jealous, I want good bras...I'm just too cheap.

Joey said...

Hey, it must have been all those matching panties! Funny how the smaller the clothing item is, the more expensive it becomes. What the (*^&(* is threading?? I'm so out of the loop when it comes to fashion. My eyebrows do need all the help they can get...maybe I should look into it. And if they turn out bad, it'll be all your fault:)

Joey said...

BTW, I like your new background.