Sunday, May 18, 2008

And A Good Time Was Had By All...

My daddy came to town last week. This is a big event, given that I have lived in Texas 19 years and he has been down all of 5 times!

He and my stepmother, Miriam, stayed at the Doubletree downtown. I know! How awful that I didn't let them stay here! Look, my dad is allergic to cats, so believe me, he was much better off. Plus, if he had stayed here, he wouldn't have been able to witness such spectacular storms! Nothing happened here in South Austin. The first night, he watched lightening hit the Capital (off their lightening rods). The second night, he couldn't see the Capital anymore, but he sure could see huge pieces of hail and every piece of downtown debris you can think of flying past his 10th story window. So nice for Austin to give him a show.

Wednesday night, we went to Ruth's Chris. OMG!!!!! Nobody is lying when they say it's the best steak you will ever eat in a restaurant. Talk about done to perfection! I like my steak medium-well, and it was that and it still melted in my mouth. Well worth the $$$$$$!

I also met a second cousin, who happens to live in town. His name is Jason. My dad and his mom were very close when they were younger; it was driving them crazy that their kids lived in the same city and didn't even know each other. He's about my age and works a lot in the local music business. Ironic, considering that I went to school for music business stuff. Anyway, we're acquainted now and we'll see where it goes from there.

Dad and I went to see the last Longhorn baseball game of the season together. My usual seat-mate had to go out of town for a wedding, so she gave me her ticket. We beat the Aggies handily! My dad can come to a game anytime! The Aggies have been playing much better than we have this season, but we still managed to sweep them. Aggies SUCK!!! (Except when they become Veterinarians). We had a good time at the game. It was fun going with him. He always took me to Cubs games. I bought him a Longhorn baseball hat, since I wouldn't let him wear his IU baseball hat to the game.

They had to leave early Saturday morning, but even though the visit was short it was well-spent. Hopefully, the next time they come down, I'll have a house with no carpet and they can stay with me. Me buying a house is something we've been talking about. They were going to help me buy property in Colorado, but now I think it would be more prudent to have them help me buy a house. It's time I became a grown up.

Maybe......

1 comment:

Alissa said...

Wow- a house! I think that is a great idea. where are you looking???