Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bachelor Follow-up

I had always wondered what happened to Byron and Mary. I even looked on the website to see if there was any info, but there was nothing. Happily, they're still together and still planning on getting married. I think the key to that one was that both of them were in their 30s.

Twenty-somethings don't know themselves yet. I always see these 20-something-year-old girls on this show and I have to roll my eyes. They have no idea how much their lives are going to change by the time they're 30. It's so easy to fall in love at that age. You still believe in fairy tales--"And they lived happily ever after..." blah, blah, blah. I look back at the guys I fell in love with when I was in my twenties and I thank God that things didn't work out!

A woman is established by the time she's in her thirties. She's aware of herself. She's confident. She doesn't have to know where this guy is 24/7. Confidence is so sexy. It's not the same as narcissism--and it's not that bravado that's put up with false confidence. It's just knowledge--knowledge of what you're capable of, what you can give, and your capacity for love. It's so different from desperation.

Yes....some twenty-somethings make it. They're really a lucky few. Congratulations if you're one of them!

1 comment:

Vetmommy said...

Hooray for us! We married when I was 25 and Anth was 28. We have changed a lot, but we've grown together. And reproduced!