Thursday, November 29, 2007

Because I can

I'm watching the Cowboys and the Packers on the NFL network because I can. I don't have Time Warner Cable and they don't carry NFL network. I have Grande and they do, so I don't have to worry about a satellite dish going out in bad weather, either.

Time Warner Cable sucks! Their customer service is crap! Their prices are outrageous and they don't have anything more special than any other cable network can offer. Okay..they have News 8 Austin. But I have the NFL Network and don't have to spend $5 on A Beer at a sports bar to see a really BIG game.

Unfortunately, the Packers aren't doing so well. I can't stand the Cowboys. My intense hatred of them stems from living in Dallas for nearly 10 years and seeing members of the team get away with stuff you and I would never be able to get away with. The Dallas police kept arresting them, but the judges kept dismissing them. They would interrupt regular programming on tv to report that Emmit Smith had twisted his ankle and spend 20 minutes on it. It was ridiculous! And Jerry Jones...don't even get me started on him. I went to one game when I lived there and I got to see them get badly beaten by the Eagles. It was nice, though I did enjoy my victory very quietly.

Oh well...there's my two cents. Hey! Two....one more day to go!

1 comment:

Joey said...

John can't stand the Cowboys either. He always roots for whoever the Cowboys happen to be playing. I'm ambivilant.

Congratulations on making it through NoBloPoMo. Clearly, I knew my limitations and didn't even try:)