Sunday, November 18, 2007

More on celebrities

I saw on the news today that the paparazzi have two newish members to the team in Hollywood; they are all of 14 and 15 years old! I can't believe their parents let them hang out in this crowd, snapping pictures whilst risking being accidentally run over by Brittney! Would you let your kids do this? On the other hand, they're bringing home about $2500 a week. That's a lot more than I made babysitting at that age.

When I was 15, I was obsessed with Def Leppard and Duran Duran. Half my walls in my bedroom were covered with DL pictures and the other half with DD. I read every article in any magazine I could get my hands on. I would miss the school bus in the morning if one of their videos happened to come on Mtv before I left. I knew everything I possibly could about them. I've retained a lot more of their information than I ever did of Algebra and Geometry.

I thought about all that the other day. Now, I hear a particular band and really like their music...let's say, the Foo Fighters. I love their stuff. I haven't the slightest notion what any of the band members' names are (except Dave Groehl--and I'm sure I've misspelled his name) or what they look like. I couldn't tell you anything about them. If I were 15 again, though...I'd probably never leave my house. I'd be on the computer forever searching for anything I could find on them. I don't even spend my time searching for DL or DD stuff...oh, if there had been the internet and PCs in 1985, though.

Instead, I spent the day torturing my cat. Not really, but I'm sure she thought so. First, I left her alone for a couple of hours, then I came home and Furminated and brushed her, vacuumed the floor, vacuumed her (she actually likes that!), and then I cleaned her ears. I really need to trim her claws, but I thought that after everything else, that may be a little risky.

I guess most people grow out of the celebrity stuff, huh?

1 comment:

Alissa said...

You know, Duran Duran is playing in Austin sometime soon- I think in December. You should go check them out!