Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day 11

OIY----another lazy day today. Read em and weep Moms. Sometimes, I'm really okay with the fact that I never had kids. My kid would likely end up in all kinds of therapy anyway.

I'm being tempted more and more to move tonight. Someone periodically keeps blasting Led Zepplin in their car in the parking lot. I'm torn between annoyance and curiosity: Led Zepplin isn't exactly what I would picture my neighbors blasting from their cars. I'll put it this way: the last time Cherri was pet-sitting for me, she asked, "Are you the only white person in this place?" I mean, Led Zepplin was great and all, but not exactly first choice for my Mexican neighbors.

Finished my book today and started another one. They're books that I've read before, but I wanted the escape. It's about time travel, which leads me to this question for you: If you were to go back in time to the American Revolutionary War, would you be able to tell someone when a particular battle was to take place or how it turned out? I mean, really? How well do you know your American History? And, aside from all that,--and aside from your own, personal Jamie Fraser-- could you survive without indoor plumbing, basic hygiene, or proper refrigeration of meat? Think about it. Could you?

1 comment:

Joey said...

James Alexander Fraser, my child's namesake!!:) Love those books. I'm still reading Drums of Autumn. Roger just traveled back in search of Brianna but hasn't found her just yet. Yes, I suppose I could survive back then if my life depended on it. I wouldn't like it, though...not one bit. And without pocket "History for Dummies" book to take back w/ me in time, I'd be pretty clueless. I'd like to think I'd make a good doctor, but without today's modern advancements in medicines, it would be pretty difficult to cure anything. I don't have Claire's nack for herbology:).