Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Not my fault

Okay...it's not my fault that I didn't post last night. All I was going to write was: "Sorry. No scintillating insights tonight. I'm tired...going to bed." However, I turned on my computer and there was not internet, but that's okay, because now I have a story to tell and if there are any men who read, they can be very glad that they are men.

1 AM this morning, I was awakened by horrible cramps! Awful, ugly, somebody's-digging-a-hot-poker-into-my-gut-and-stirring-it-around cramps. And not a speck of aspirin, ibuprofen, morphine or anything else in the apartment. So, I finally throw on some clothes to drive down to the HEB. I get there and they have the aisle that the Aleve is on closed off because they're waxing the floor!!!! Normally, I would have walked down that aisle anyway and dared anyone to say something, but there was a very large, liquid puddle of who-knows-what's-in-it wax on the floor . No one else will go down there either. So I have to get back in my car and drive all the way down to Stassney, hoping the CVS there is 24-hour. Luckily, it was. I finally got to go back to sleep around 2:30.

It was a lovely night.

So, if I post again tonight, provided I can get my internet up, will that still count as a post every day?

1 comment:

Dana said...

Clearly, I would not be able to survive in the 18th century without a 24-hour pharmacy and Naproxen sodium!