Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day recap

I got to sleep in until 8:30ish. I got up and ate breakfast. I went to take care of a client's cats. I came home and vegged on the couch with a fabulous book and threw a load of towels in the washer. I got up at a chapter break and prepared my turkey breast (natural raised-free range, of course), stuck it in the oven and then prepped my potatoes. Went back to reading. Got up, checked turkey breast--almost done, put potatoes on a low simmer, and prepared green beans for steaming. Went back to book. Got the beans going. Went back to book. Whipped potatoes, got turkey out, checked beans--they weren't done. Prepared plate without beans, put Ocean's Thirteen in DVD player, and prepared to spend thanksgiving dinner with George, Brad and Matt. Sat down, started movie, started eating, didn't notice smell, and smoke detector started blaring. Beans had run out of water. Spent the next 10 minutes waving a fan under my smoke detector and had no idea what was going on in the movie. In between fan waving I opened patio doors and window, turned on ceiling fans, and threw beans into a bowl. Moved the movie back and caught up. Consoled myself with more mashed potatoes. Had to stop movie and go out for 2 hours taking care of other people's cats, one of which has turned into a mountain lion and wanted to kill me. I chose not to stay with him long. Talked to my mom and grandma. Came back home, poured a glass of wine. Talked to my dad and stepmother. Going back to book now--will catch up on movie Saturday.

That's all.

2 comments:

ColeBugsmommy said...

Sounds busy! Next year we need to have a big Thanksgiving with a bunch of friends. It would be so much fun. Time to start our own traditions.

Vetmommy said...

What an eventful day. Glad those mashers were good.