Saturday, November 10, 2007

R&R

A fine, lazy day today. My windows are always open--despite the allergies and asthma. I read all day long, with the exception of football games. Although, I did read through the Notre Dame game; it doesn't seem the Irish can do much to hold my attention these days and it does little good to yell and scream at their coach through the tv. As it became apparent that the Longhorns were going to soundly trounce the Red Raiders from the North, I dozed on the couch.

There is much I could do around the apartment today, but I just didn't want to do it. I'm contemplating looking for another place to live. I found a listing for a "green built" apartment. It doesn't give the location, of course. The low price of a two-bedroom for $750 suggests East Austin, though. Wherever I decide to go, I can always ask John, a police officer I know, for the low-down on the neighborhood. Of course, my current neighborhood boasts prostitutes and drug dealers. I've never had a problem, and I can always tell who the prostitutes are when they're walking home in the mists of dawn. They always look used and defeated--it's rather sad. What has to happen to you in life to get you to that point? I hope I never find out.

3 comments:

ColeBugsmommy said...

A green apt? That sounds cool! You should go take a look. A lazy day of reading makes me so envious.

Leah said...

I would love to have a lazy day...peace and quite.....ahhhh

Joey said...

Yeah, John can probably tell you things you wish you didn't know about stuff that goes down on the east side. I think the climate is definitely changing along the interstate, though. Gentrification...