Sunday, November 4, 2007

An extra hour?

We set our clocks back last night to gain back that hour we lost in the Spring. People like to say they get an extra hour to sleep, but really, don't we all sleep in on Sunday anyway? (Well...those of us without kids). When I worked at a night club, this was a big deal because it meant an extra hour of business since the clocks got set back at 2am. That was an extra hour of tips for me. It's really not a big deal to me now. An extra hour to be lazy on Sunday.

I did torture myself with food today. I made some Jambalaya in the slow-cooker. After about three hours, this wonderful smell began to permeate the apartment and it had four hours to go! It was so good when I got to finally eat it, though. I can hear them talking now tomorrow at work: "Something smells good in here!" Here, being the break room, because of course I'm taking left-overs for lunch.

I e-mailed a realty company that deals with properties in Forbes Park. I'm starting the hunt for my Colorado mountain property. They have a nice one listed that's not too far away from my Mom's place. There's a lot adjacent to it that's also available. All total it would be close to 4.5 acres. I don't know if I'll be able to get my dad to help me out with 2 lots, though.

Yes...my daddy is helping me buy this property. He's always going on about how much money I'll get when he and Miriam, my stepmother, die. I just asked him if I could have some of it now. He was agreeable to it since it was for a property investment and not something crazy. I don't know how $$agreeable he is, though. Over 4 acres would be nice tucked away in a very underdeveloped part of Colorado. I'm about tired of the city. It's nice having convenience, but you can get just about anything you need on the Internet now anyway. I will miss HEB and Central Market, though. Not that I'm leaving anytime soon.

1 comment:

Leah said...

how nice....just looking at the pics of your moms place just makes me want that too.