Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What the *#@!

I'm driving home tonight thinking about the news piece that I saw last night on NBC Nightly regarding the cost of gas going up another 32%. I thought it would hit in a couple of days and I needed to fill my tank up. My lovely little diesel bug, that does so well on gas mileage. The last time I filled up, it was $3.19/gallon and it cost me almost $40. A Volkswagen Beetle! $40 for a fill-up!

It didn't take a couple of days. The price of diesel is already up to $3.40/gallon! 3-*#@!^$-40 a gallon!!!!! (Oooh--I wonder where that link goes to? I'm not clicking it to find out.)

The irony is this: It costs less to produce diesel fuel than regular fuel. So, why is diesel more expensive? Please....figure that one out for me.

Gross things going on in the world:
Sonic is now selling Fried Macaroni and Cheese Bites.
Long John Silver's is selling Buttered Lobster Bites.
Lance Armstrong has apparently been making out with Ashley Olson (yeah--of the Olson Twins)! (Sorry Anne; didn't get a chance to tell you that one before my phone died.)

Oh yeah--I almost forgot--Britney Spears left her two children, along with her court-appointed supervisor, in the car during one of her supervised visits to shop for chandeliers. (The judge is going to love that!) Seriously--this girl doesn't have a clue!!!

3 comments:

Vetmommy said...

Gas is subsidized, plus there's the whole supply+demand thing. Time to figure out how to make your own biodiesel. There's plenty of fuel at Ocean China and Taco Hell.

Anne B said...

Hey! I talked about the nasty food thing yesterday on my blog! That's funny! Great minds...

Leah said...

By the way, I was brave enought to click on that link. It just goes to send an email on outlook express....LOL How did you do that?...