Friday, November 16, 2007

Cold weather, warm cats

How is it that a small, 8-pound cat can keep you so warm?

Normally, my cat sleeps on the opposite pillow as me. When it gets cold out, however, she has to sleep on me in some way--usually , on my legs. I can move all I want, she'll just roll along with me. The heat she generates is so nice! It radiates all the way down the length of my legs. I don't worry about being cold at all when she's around. I guess it's because a cat, as small as they are, are normally 101 degrees, or so. That's pretty warm! Who needs to waste the electricity on a heating pad when you have a kitty? Anytime I pull a blanket out, she's gotta be on it.

Just one more reason to have a cat: they're nice and warm, but don't breathe as heavily or smell as bad as a dog.

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I love how snuggly cats get during the winter. Last winter, Brie slept on my head like a football helmet. They are great heaters!